Bertelsmann Investments Expands HR Tech Portfolio

With the takeover of the Studyflix career platform in July and the announcement of the purchase of HR solutions provider Milch & Zucker in December, Bertelsmann Investments continued the expansion of its subsidiary Embrace, making it a leading HR tech company. Studyflix is the biggest career platform for pupils and students in German-speaking countries. Together with Embrace’s, and platforms, it reaches around nine million users every month. Milch & Zucker also includes the job advertisement and applicant management system BeeSite, which is supported by AI applications, as well as an HR marketing agency and the online job market JobStairs.
eAll about Studyflix eAll about Milch & Zucker eAll about Embrace
9 M
monthly users
on the Embrace &
Studyflix platforms
~ €90 M
invested in the
digital healthcare market
since 2022

Expansion of the Digital Health Segment

Bertelsmann Investments 2023 further expanded its Digital Health segment with a series of investments, including participations in the Berlin-based healthcare technology company Patient21, the German healthcare start-up Onqo Health, Quant Health from Tel Aviv, the New Zealand-based Author-it Software Corporation (ASC), the British start-up Doccla and the London-based AI start-up Phare Health. In total, BI has invested around 90 million euros in the digital healthcare market since 2022.
eAll about Bertelsmann Investments

A New Publishing Home for DDV Mediengruppe

Bertelsmann Investments announced the sale of its majority stake in DDV Mediengruppe to Madsack Mediengruppe at the turn of the year. DDV Mediengruppe, based in Dresden, publishes the “Sächsische Zeitung” newspaper, among others. The acquisition is still pending approval by the relevant antitrust authority. DDV Mediengruppe has been part of Bertelsmann Investments since the beginning of 2022 and was previously part of Bertelsmann’s Gruner + Jahr division. BI’s stake in the group was 60 percent, with the remaining 40 percent belonging to Deutsche Druck- und Verlagsgesellschaft, whose shares were also acquired by Madsack Mediengruppe.
ePress release
Stori achieves
unicorn status
after just
4 years

BI Investment Stori Is a Unicorn

Bertelsmann Investments has owned a stake in the Mexican fintech start-up Stori via its Chinese investment fund BAI since 2020. Stori was founded in 2018 by a team of experts from the banking, technology, risk management and marketing sectors from Mexico, the United States and China. It has since developed into one of Mexico’s leading digital banks with currently more than two million customers. In 2022, just four years after the fintech was launched, Stori achieved unicorn status, meaning the company is valued by investors at more than one billion US dollars. Stori continued its rapid growth unabated in 2023.
eAll about Stori